-->

Thursday, May 19, 2011

In Love

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been sharing some of my favorite paint colors.  If you've missed those posts, you can find them here, here & here.

Last week, I stopped by Home Depot and browsed through the Martha colors, taking three color samples home with me.  I've fallen in love with the first one I used.  It's called Duck's Egg and it is GORGEOUS!  

Take a look at this beautiful pedestal bowl, transformed with a few coats of this beautiful color.
after

before

I predict there'll be lots of Duck's Egg pieces in my future.  Maybe even a furniture piece or two.


39 crafty peeps said:

  1. Love the color! The pedestal bowl looks wonderful! Happy Thursday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh, I love that! Beautiful color, especially for Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower to your blog and I love what you do!! Where do you find all the fun wooden pieces to paint?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that color...maybe I'll take a trip to the Home Depot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting about this color. I was inspired by Driftwood Gray and Milk Pail that when I went to get my samples, I had Duck's Egg in my hand to get as well. Sadly, I didn't get Duck's Egg, I chickened out. I know, crazy right? Welp, you my dear have inspired me yet again to go and pick up a sample of Duck's Egg. Oh, and I now need to get another sample of Milk Pail. What an AWESOME color. Thank you, as if I didn't say that enough, for introducing me to these colors : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a nice color, Kristi! I may have to stop by Home Depot myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Love this color. I wonder if duck eggs are this color?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again! I'm looking at FOTF link party and clicked your links twice in a row. :) I just bought a bowl like this at a garage sale for 50cents!!! I have plans to paint and distress it like you did, just not sure what color b/c I have no idea where I'm going to put it. I just knew it was a good find! Also your newest follower!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love how it turned out!

    ~jessa
    www.jessajill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it!! Love the color! Great transformation!! Thanks for linking up at the Sassy Sites Free For All party! When you get a chance, come back by and see what we've done for the American Crafter's competition... and maybe vote for us too! *wink*

    xoxo!
    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this bowl idea! I am going to keep my eyes peeled at the thrift store and see if I can find one to fancy up. Visiting from Sundae Scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful colour. I wouldn't have dared to use it, but it looks absolutely perfect and so much better than the "before" picture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIS will be the color I'm painting my nightstand. Thanks for sharing your discovery (just ducky of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great color!!! I will have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh, I love this shade even more!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have seen these so many times and think hmmm not a think you can do with that but paint it white. Well, you showed me, the color you chose really livened it up, and the pretty distressed areas make it look much more chic and sophisticated, well done, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What paint finish did you use??? I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just loved this! Beautiful happy color! Nice space you got.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    Sanghamitra.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a great eye for color. I'm your newest follower, and digging your projects. Keep up the good work.

    I found you at Between Naps on the Porch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! The color, the distressing, everything looks just perfect, nice job! Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This color is perfect for so many things. I'll be purchasing some right away!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is beautiful and I just love the color. I am visiting from I heart nap time. I also pinned this :)
    Come and say hi I love visitors and will be doing a giveaway this week

    A Mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. How does this color compare to Sea Glass? They look similar on the computer...I love them both, is this one darker?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, that color is fab! And the pedestal bowl is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the pedistal bowl and love the color!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just passed on this pedestal bowl at the Goodwill but did buy another one without the scalloped edge. Can't wait to paint it after seeing how yours turned out! Great job and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love it!! Inviting you to link-up at my party, every Tuesday!! : ) (Open for several days after too.)
    http://ourhouseofjoyfulnoise.com/crafts/2011/05/24/our-house-of-joyful-noise-link-up-party-6-featured-links-from-last-week/

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is a wonderful color! I'm going to look for it in the sample size to try on something myself! What a wonderful bowl you found, too, you definitely made it come to life with the paint!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely stunning! Great color find.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey! Found you on the linky from http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/. Flipped through your projects and they are so great!! I'm a new follower. Maybe you'll follow me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, I so agree it is a beautiful color. I will have to look for it. Thanks for sharing, Karie

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm in love with the color! And the glazing looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so cute! What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love it! Beautiful color and the pears make the perfect accent in the pedestal!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this. I featured it on my blog last night.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am in love with the colors and the thrift finds. I was wondering if the paint is "food safe"? I see how you have used the pedestal bowls for fruit and I have a few items that I would love to paint and use but not if I can't use food in them. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  37. @laxmom

    Hi! Thanks for checking on this before you went off painting everything. I tried to reply to you personally, by e-mail, but your e-mail address isn't available.

    Anyway, since this is wall paint, I would say that it is not food safe. This particular bowl has fake pears in it, which of course would be fine.

    I've not explored the subject of food safe paint so I'm not sure where you would get it or if you could get it mixed in custom colors. I definitely think it's something I will look into.

    Thanks again for checking on this!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love all of your pedestal bowls and the duck's egg is my favorite! Following you now. Hope you visit and follow me too.

    ReplyDelete