-->

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Ribbon Wreath



I don't normally decorate for V-Day, but after I made those ribbon wreaths for Halloween & Christmas, I knew that I'd be making them for just about every major holiday.  They're just so dang cute and super easy to make.

I don't think I really explained how to make one before so I'll just do a quick run-through here.

Supplies:
Foam Wreath
  • Ribbon & ric-rac in various widths and in colors that match your theme.
  • One wide ribbon 1 to 2 yards long (for hanging the wreath)
  • straight pins (you can use hot glue, but I hate that stuff)
  • scissors
* I bought the heart in the center from the bargain bins at Target for $2.50 and I think it's perfect for this wreath.  I just pinned it's ribbon to the back of the wreath.

  1. Pin the end of a wider ribbon to the back of the wreath form, leaving gaps in between passes.When you have gone all the way around the wreath, pin the ribbon in place on the back of the form and then cut off the excess ribbon.
  2. Fill the gaps in with the rest of our ribbons and ric-rac.  To make this easier and to conserve ribbon, I do this part in pieces.  I pin the beginning of the ribbon to the back of the form, wrap once, then pin in back and cut off the extra.  Doing it this way also allows you space ribbon as you choose.

The back of your wreath will look like this, but who cares???

I'm seeing so many cute Valentine projects out in linky-land and I'm catchin' the bug.  This definitely won't be my last V-Day project.



25 crafty peeps said:

  1. Oh, I love this! What a great door too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favorite of your wreaths. That berry heart in the middle is a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out beautiful! I picked up several of those berry wreaths at Target the other day and used mine in a wreath as well... I"ll be posting it soon! I love how it adds to yours perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!!! I love this! It's adorable!! I know what you mean too! I got a GREAT response for my tissue paper Christmas trees. Not just in blog land and so I'm making everything I can with tissue paper!! I have a tissue paper V-day wreath right now that is getting a lot of great feedback! It's got me thinking "what else can I do with all this left over tissue paper!!" Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that is one happy wreath. love it, kristi! hope you are having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling and so easy! Thanks for sharing--what a great final product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute i love it !

    Kristie
    Your newest follower from
    http://simplycraftyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for stopping by my little blogspot....i'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! I saw the ones you did in the past and was inspired then, but now I just feel like I HAVE to make one! Thanks for the inspiration! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING - I love this - and the Christmas one too. I will be trying this FOR SURE! Look forward to looking at more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE wreaths. I have made many this year already. Yours is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome, I really need to decorate for valentine's day this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is just lovely! I especially love that you put the heart in the center! I would love for you to link up to my Sew Crafty Party & Giveaway!

    http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/01/sew-crafty-saturday-adventure-date.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is GORGEOUS... I want one for my door!! :) now I must go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an awesome post, I would really love it if you linked this up to Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage as well! Have a nice Week! Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yup, gonna be making one for my door! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a brand new follower and I just love this wreath!

    www.theelephantstrunk42.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love this! It is so perfectly graphic! It definitely is an eye catcher! Great job!
    You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday through Sunday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I will be featuring you on check me out saturday. Thanks for submitting such a great wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your crafts! This wreath is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing this information its really nice.Valentine Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  22. I’m glad to locate so much of informative data in your blog.
    cheap franking machine

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is great. And I love things that don't take long to make.

    ReplyDelete