I don't normally decorate for V-Day, but after I made those ribbon wreaths for Halloween & Christmas, I knew that I'd be making them for just about every major holiday. They're just so dang cute and super easy to make.
I don't think I really explained how to make one before so I'll just do a quick run-through here.
- Ribbon & ric-rac in various widths and in colors that match your theme.
- One wide ribbon 1 to 2 yards long (for hanging the wreath)
- straight pins (you can use hot glue, but I hate that stuff)
- Pin the end of a wider ribbon to the back of the wreath form, leaving gaps in between passes.When you have gone all the way around the wreath, pin the ribbon in place on the back of the form and then cut off the excess ribbon.
- Fill the gaps in with the rest of our ribbons and ric-rac. To make this easier and to conserve ribbon, I do this part in pieces. I pin the beginning of the ribbon to the back of the form, wrap once, then pin in back and cut off the extra. Doing it this way also allows you space ribbon as you choose.
The back of your wreath will look like this, but who cares???
I'm seeing so many cute Valentine projects out in linky-land and I'm catchin' the bug. This definitely won't be my last V-Day project.
What Valentine's Day projects have you been working on? Go ahead link 'em up at Favorite Things Friday.
Show and Tell Sat @ be different act normal
Check Me Out Sat @ A Vision to Remember
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table and Dreaming
Sundae Scoop @ i heart naptime
Valentine Party @ Life as Lori
Craft-O-Maniac Monday @ Craft-O-Maniac
Mad Skills Party @ Mad In Crafts
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping it Simple
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle
Sew Crafty Sat @ Wildflowers & Whimsy
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog
Take a Look Tues @ Sugar Bee
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage