-->

Monday, August 1, 2011

Spice Racks - Not Just for Spices

Han is all moved into her new room, and is working on getting it all set up today.  We still need to accessorize and order her new furniture, so I won't be sharing photos of the room until it's actually complete.


I was trying to come up with some way I could contribute to the room since all of the hard work was being done by Charles, and the design work by Han.  I have a ton of spice racks in my stash, and I thought one might be useful to her as a rack to hold her nail-polish.


I used spray paint this time (I was careful of the fumes!), which seems to be winning me over again since it doesn't take nearly as long as brush painting does.  It seems I no longer have the patience to work on a project for days.  This was a can of Rustolem Green Apple that I bought last year when I first began doing makeovers.  Basically, this was a free project, which is the best kind!


I'm loving how the green looks against the aqua wall.


I also love how she went all ROYGBIV when arranging them.  




Linking to:
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Made it by Monday @ Made it for Monday
Mad Skillz Party @ Mad in Crafts
Get Your Craft On Tues @ Today's Creative Blog
Trash to Treasure Tues @ Sassy Sites
One Project at a Time @ A Bowl Full of Lemons
Wow us Weds @ Savvy Southern Style
Creative Spark @ Clean and Scentsible
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge

27 crafty peeps said:

  1. this looks great! the fun green color is even more fun with the nailpolishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! Even a posh nail salon could do this(use these for merchandising)and they'd be great. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I'm going to copy this. I actually thrifted a spice rack and wasn't sure what to do with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I so need my daghters to try this for their bathroom! Stopping by from Marketing Mondays at the Treehouse and I am your latest follower - hope you can stop by soon and return the favor. http://www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! This was the perfect thing for nail polish! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color combo of green and aqua! This is a great idea. I have polish stored in a plastic tub. I end up using the ones on top the most because the rest get hurried at the bottom. Tis way you can see what colors you have!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I never would have thought.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahah -- I'm all about the ROYGBIV! Us O.C.D.ers have to stick together. (And awesome reuse for an ordinary spice rack - very cool idea.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea! I have a box full of nail polish overflowing and I have a spice rack that needs doing up, definitely going to give this a go! Thankyou so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great idea, and such a cute way to display all those polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the green! I am always in awe of all of your painting projects! Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark - I really appreciate it!!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this - so this is a spice rack? I am going to be on the lookout for one now. Would not have thought of this on my own...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally love this! I find empty spice racks all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great idea! over from Wow Us Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great idea!! my nieces would LOVE this

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great ideas! Love it.

    I would love for you to share this solution on my mommy resource meme!

    http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2011/08/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-3/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've made one of these before too, hope u stop by and check it out:) I love the color u chose though, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks superrrb!! I wish I had racks like those!!

    I am hosting my first link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. Would be glad to see some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-one-party-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh very cool! I am on the lookout for a spice rack for my eleven year old's room:)!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  20. O my goodness! I love this! I almost wish I had more nail polish so I could make this cutie! Well, one things for sure...if I find a spice rack, I don't know if I'll be able to pass it up! :)

    I'm a new follower! I would love it if you would like to check out my blog sometime!

    Brie @ http://breezypinkdaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like your polish rack and I linked to it with a photo and full credit in this post: http://storagegeek.tumblr.com/post/10755604661/storage-solutions-nail-polish

    Hope that is ok, cheers, Melissa aka The Storage Geek

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooh, our dogs will really enjoy your nail polish colors:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful idea - I have an old spice rack that could use this treatment. I don't use nail polish, but I'll either find a use or donate it to a thrift shop. I haven't done that because of the condition.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Dear,

    i Like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    Spice organiser Shop from the best spice organizer and great deals for stainless steel spice racks @ Oceanedgeengineering.com

    Visit site :- https://www.oceanedgeengineering.com/

    ReplyDelete