-->

Monday, May 9, 2011

Milk Pail

My last post, which was on one of the paint colors I've used on a lot of my Etsy shop items, got such a good response that I thought I'd share another favorite color with you.

But first, a new project which uses this week's color.

I just finished this jewelry box and will be listing it on Etsy sometime this week.  For whatever reason, I didn't take a before photo, but it doesn't really need one.  It was just a standard brown jewelry box, although it did already have a painted black top. 

I removed the knobs and spray painted them with some ORB.  Then I gave the box a couple of coats of Milk Pail, which is another great Martha Stewart color. 

Before painting, I'd removed the top by prying the hinges off.  This messed the inside of the top up some.  There was also a mirror on the inside that I wanted to remove and once I'd done that, there was even more damage.  I thought about using wood filler to fill the gouges and then repainting the top, but I honestly didn't feel like going through all of that trouble.  Instead, I sanded the mirror's glue residue off and then Mod Podged some matching scrapbook paper to the inside of the lid.  Of course, it wouldn't be a project of mine if there wasn't a mistake.  Somehow, I managed to apply the scrapbook paper unevenly and now it's all crooked.  Oh well.

I sanded the piece down, attached the new hinges that replaced the ones I bent up when I removed them and then reattached the knobs.


You can see how much I love this color based off of the number of pieces I used it on.  The funny thing about this color and the Driftwood Gray is that those samples were two of the four I bought when I was trying to decide on a wall color for the bedroom.  I didn't end up choosing either for the walls, but I've used both so many times on my Etsy pieces.  Just so you know, one sample has lasted me through all of these projects, plus a few more.  


















It's been fun for me to go back and see just how often I use these colors.  I've got a few other colors that I've used a lot as well so I think I'll continue to do a weekly post on those.   


Linking to:
Take A Look Tues @ Sugar Bee
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog 
All Things Inspired @ All Things Heart & Home 
Show & Tell @ Blue Cricket Design 
We Did It Weds @ Sew Much Ado 
POPP @ Domestically Speaking 
Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge  
Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table & Dreaming 
Think Pink @ Flamingo Toes  
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping it Simple  
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch 

18 crafty peeps said:

  1. Love love love this color. My little plant stand looks so nice on my family room table!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. turned out beautiful, i love the color
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color Kristi!! I am needing to redo a magazine rack we have that's a tired old maple color. I think this will be perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Martha's colors, Sea Glass and Sharkey Gray are two of my favorites. Where did you get the cute spice jars?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, I LOVE that color!! You've done a super job with your things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I think I make mistakes in pretty much every project I do as well so its kind of nice to know I'm not alone in that regard ;) Your pieces look divine!

    PS Over from Domestically Speaking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice color! All of your projects look great! I really love the birdhouse stand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite colors. Love the glazed pieces. I'm all about adding depth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I SO have to get my hands on some of this stuff!! Thanks for inspiring with all of your great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Wednesday Kristi~

    What a lovely color & such wonderful pieces!! Happy to be a new follower of your inspiring blog. :)

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  11. that color is super adorable! especially when its distressed!! im in love! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great idea for my DD's ugly little jewelry box. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can NOT thank you more for introducing me to this color. I had ALL of Martha's swatches so it was easy to take it to HD and picking up my own sample. I LOVE how the color looks on some of the pieces I've repainted for my newly decorated kitchen. You're the bestest : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, love it. Love them all! I also love Martha Stewart. Her paint is wonderful, great colors. I have looked at that color and think I just may have to use it on something. I also like her "Faded Ink" I did a buffet that color and I love it. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this color! I make mistakes in about every project I do but it is still lots of fun to play with hammers and paint!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your projects are beautiful! I love this color!

    ReplyDelete