-->

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Little Green Desk

This was the first larger piece of furniture I bought after I began blogging last April.  It's not THAT big, but it is bigger than the first piece of furniture I bought.



Anyway, it was a steal at $10 so I snapped it up.  Not long after I bought it, I ran across this post by Myra over at My Blessed Life and fell in love with the color she used on her foyer desk.  I know some people just scan blog posts and don't really read them so please note that this is NOT MY DESK.
photo courtesy of My Blessed Life


I found a similar color and got to it (last July).  Yes, last July.  I've no idea why I'm just now blogging about this, but better late than never, right?

She lives in my foyer, in a little nook where you can find my sconce wall.  These photos were taken in my dining room which is right inside the front door.  The nook where she stays is too awkward of a place for me to get good photos of her.

32 crafty peeps said:

  1. What a neat find, for $10. She looks lovely dressed up in that wonderful green too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I love the empty little nick nack shelf above the desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks adorable, kristi! such a fun green!!! so glad you had a project to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little green desk! I, too, get so much inspiration from others in Blogland! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color, Kristi! For $10.00 I would have snapped it up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it. do you have any need for shuttles like she had over her desk, will be taking 3 pair down from my moms
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the green and for that price. Oh you did so great on that deal:)

    heidi
    chickhardware.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I love the color....but then green is my favorite color. I painted a simple desk almost that same shade, a little lighter... Now I see I could have gone a little darker! What a deal for $10!
    Visiting from Savvy Southern Style
    (wildrosevintage)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you don't mind me saying so... your desk went from looking like a cheap so-so piece to spectacular!!! It is just charming now. Isn't it simply amazing what paint color can do?? I truly love your little desk!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this green! i'm having a green 'itch' lately, i couldn't pass on this picture! :) nice job!! coming from sew much ado !

    ReplyDelete
  11. The desk looks great! I love how the photo is staged.....I need to work on my staging I get so excited just to post it. Stop by my blog for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Looks great!!!

    Cara

    http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is just beautiful! What great lines and detailing -- you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! The shade of green you picked is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Creating a green idea folder just for this beauty you did. Thanks for sharing.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic find and the vision to see something pretty was hiding under that horrid heavy blue. The new handles make such a difference too, really lighten it up. I actually had to go back to see the before picture as I could see that something substantial had changed apart from the colour of course. Love green, love the desk, I would love this as my sewing desk.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Completely adorable! And a steal at only $10.00.
    Great find!

    Kimberly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My heart is happy. This is my favorite shade of green. So impressed you saw something you liked and used it's inspiration to create a beautiful piece of furniture in your own.

    Great job! :)

    Katie@ Little Things Bring Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the desk but what caught my attention was the house shelf above the desk. I have a barn shaped one and now I think I am going to paint mine white and hang it over my desk as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cheery colour on a super cute piece! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, I'm your newest follower from Transformation Thursday. LOVE this desk and the color! I recently painted an old school desk yellow and I love it. Come check out my blog at crossmyheartartdesigns.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great makeover, Kristi. That green is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi
    I am visiting from Show and Tell Friday.
    A huge fan of up-cycling. This is beautiful.
    Wishes
    Lynne
    (Blog - "Adorn")

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous green! Thanks for sharing it in the PoPP... I'm putting it in the Spotlight this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I saw your desk featured on Primitive and Proper. It's beautiful and what a lovely spring green! You did a great job and your staging is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just stopping over from Cassie's. I heart that desk! Love the color and everything about it. Nice work!
    XO,
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh well done, love the color!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love, LOVE the green color! Beautiful color choice! :)

    ReplyDelete