-->

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sweet Chippy Console Table

Get ready for a flurry of furniture pieces.  I'm doing a makeover on my dining room and all of the furniture is getting painted and banged up, Shabby Chic style.

I just finished working on this little console table that I got at Target a couple of years ago.


I painted, I think, four coats to get this completely covered.  I had a quart of paint that I bought last year and never used so I pulled that out and used about 1/4 of it.  I'm a Lowe's girl so I usually end up with Olympic or Valspar paint.  This one is an Olympic color called Dogwood Blossom.  It's a creamy white with just a slight tint to it.  This will be the color I end up using for my dining chairs and all of the other furniture that'll be in this room.

After painting, I distressed with my orbital sander.  Then I added a cute knob that I found at Hobby Lobby.  I'd planned on using this knob and it's mate on another project, but it just didn't work out.  Luckily, it's is the same color green as my little desk, which is basically in the dining room itself.  Oh, I also lined the drawer with some cute scrapbook paper that has the same green.  Look at me, gettin' all matchy-matchy!

Here she is sportin' her new duds.






*I'm really good at photographing my Etsy stuff, but I just stink at shooting rooms and larger pieces like these.  I'm really trying to get better with it and have even started using a tripod to try and steady things a bit.  I know there a ton of tips on shooting rooms out there, I just need to carve out some time to study them and practice.

Linking to:
Transformation Thurs @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Hookin' Up With HOH @ House of Hepworths 
Show & Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home 
Friday's Unfolded @ Stuff & Nonsense 
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed 
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest 
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Think Pink Sunday @ Flamingo Toes 
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch 
Mad Skillz Party @ Mad In Crafts 
Making the World Cuter Monday @ Making the World Cuter

21 crafty peeps said:

  1. I love the way your table came out! The green knob and the green insert are perfect! Great work!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!! I love the simplicity of it with little pops of color! I love that scrapbook paper you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table came out great. I love the color of the knob, and the liner inside the drawer. You are so talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I love the chipped paint and really LOVE the green knob! Visiting from Shabby Chic Cottage!
    jen
    Scissors & Spatulsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I love the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a difference...I love the aged look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so fun. I love the green drawer. very neat.

    new follower!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just the cutest little table! Love the green accents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I love the inside of the drawer too!

    ~Jessa
    www.jessajill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Especially the little details like the knob and lining the drawer! Great arrangement with the birds, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I love the chippy touch to it and the surprise pretty green inside the drawer.

    You're more than welcome to link up at the Sunburnt Cow link party.

    Cheers,
    Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that little table! Have a great weekend. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love it. It is so shabby chic. The candlesticks and pop of blue is brilliant. This is great! Well done, my friend!
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table is lovely. I love the distressed look you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the splashes of green!

    ReplyDelete
  16. did you take off the varish 1st before painting? I have a small dresser that I want to paint so I am looking for ideas! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUPER cute! I love the paper in the drawer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it when something modern and totall average can be made into something that looks well loved and worn! I think your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete