-->

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Weekend Happenings

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I certainly did! It was full of creating and making.  Friday evening, I took my girls thrifting, and I was able to find two crib rails that I can use for displaying baby blankets and quilts when I do craft shows.  I guess since they're not supposed to sell second hand cribs, the store had each piece priced separately.  These were being sold as "upright ladders" and were $3 each.  

Saturday, I spent almost the whole day working on three baby quilts.  I was able to get two of them finished yesterday and am working on the third one today.





On Sunday, I attended a craft party at my friend, Sarah's house.  I took a quilting project that I've neglected for months.  I worked on it most of the time, but then couldn't resist painting a few Story Stones after watching a friend paint them all afternoon.  I took a couple home to Zoe, and she immediately started playing with them so I've found yet another project to work on.  They're really fun to do, and kids really seem to enjoy playing with them.  *These are not mine.  I only did one, so I had to find a nice set to share with you guys.  You can find the source under the photo.




I'd been admiring painted rocks for awhile, and had pinned a few inspirational photos in  the past, but when I actually searched some out on Pinterest, I found a whole treasure trove full of gorgeous painted rocks.



I'm under deadlines for a baby quilt and blanket today, and tomorrow I have to get the house back in order, but I'm hoping to be able to start one some rock painting Thursday!



Until next time...





0 crafty peeps said:

Post a Comment