I don't normally decorate for V-Day, but after I made those ribbon wreaths for Halloween & Christmas, I knew that I'd be making them for just about every major holiday. They're just so dang cute and super easy to make.
I don't think I really explained how to make one before so I'll just do a quick run-through here.
- Ribbon & ric-rac in various widths and in colors that match your theme.
- One wide ribbon 1 to 2 yards long (for hanging the wreath)
- straight pins (you can use hot glue, but I hate that stuff)
- Pin the end of a wider ribbon to the back of the wreath form, leaving gaps in between passes.When you have gone all the way around the wreath, pin the ribbon in place on the back of the form and then cut off the excess ribbon.
- Fill the gaps in with the rest of our ribbons and ric-rac. To make this easier and to conserve ribbon, I do this part in pieces. I pin the beginning of the ribbon to the back of the form, wrap once, then pin in back and cut off the extra. Doing it this way also allows you space ribbon as you choose.
When you're finished pinning, take a one of the wider and longer lengths of ribbon and use it to hang your wreath. Step back, and admire.