-->

Friday, April 9, 2010

A Little Scrabble Love

I picked this up at Goodwill last week for a buck and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.  


















I primed, painted and distressed.  Then, added some Scrabble tiles and two skeleton keys.  This is what I ended up with, exactly as I pictured it.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave the hooks in or not.  In the end, I decided I needed something hanging there, otherwise, it looks kinda like a basket.



















Linking to:
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Power of Paint Party @ Domestically Speaking

Featured at:
 

15 crafty peeps said:

  1. Thanks for coming by my blog and I LOVE this! Scrabble tiles are so cool and I what you did with them is so unique & creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog in the groucho glasses just made me gawfaw out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's neat! I like it! Good idea to use the scrabble tiles and I like it painted black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. what a great idea and the colour black looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this idea! I recently did a post on using scrabble letters too.
    Ashley @ {The Appraiser's Wife}
    www.rahouck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is a great idea! What a nice welcoming sign! I love scrabble tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristi - I would love to do some of these things (and promise i will show this time lol) if i was to give you some $ while you're out getting some of ur supplies would you get 2 instead of 1? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love scrabble! and I love this craft!! and I love love the picture of your dog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turned out fabulous! Love it! By the way, I love your picture of your dog, so funny! I have a german shorthair (speckled) pointer too.. They're so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh. fun. Something I haven't seen already :)
    The options could be limitless here. A short quote, funny saying, names, etc.
    Thanks for visiting becolorful and commenting on my white dish display.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's cool. I really like that! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! Dropping by from BNOTP.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute. Congrats on your POPP feature.

    ReplyDelete