-->

Monday, November 26, 2012

Repost - Christmas Countdown Blocks

*** re-post from 2010***


Christmas Countdown Blocks
A couple of weeks ago, Han and I were at Target where she found a cheap felt advent tree in the Dollar Spot.  She thought it was the cutest thing and wanted one so that she could count down to Christmas.  How in the world was it that my almost-twelve-year-old had never heard of an advent calendar?  I had to do something about that and buying a cheap felt tree wasn't gonna cut it.

Because of her age, I didn't want to do the whole "treat for each day" thing.  I just wanted her to be able to count down.  The cutest way to do that would be for her to have a set of countdown blocks.  

Aren't they adorable???  This was one of the most fun Christmas crafts I've done.  It was so much fun deciding what papers to use and it was so gratifying to see the awkward looking block transform as I sanded the edges of the papers off.

I got my blocks from Michael's for 99 cents each.  I've also seen them at Hobby Lobby for around the same price.

I painted my blocks first and then followed these instructions for making the blocks.  Sadly, I do not have a cutter so I had to use stickers for my numbers.  




0 crafty peeps said:

Post a Comment