-->

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pottery Barn Inspired

As I was sitting the the car line the other day, I finally got around to flipping through the Jan 2011 PB catalog and I was so inspired by the whole "nature" thing they've got going on.  It's an awesome reminder that Spring is just around the corner! 

Most of my shop pieces are bold in color and while I like that look, it's not really "my" style these day.  Lately, I prefer lighter, more subdued colors and this is beginning to influence what I'm putting in my shop.  There have been more whites popping up in there lately.  Like this piece that was inspired by that PB catalog. 


It was made from two things that were thrifted, months apart.  They were just lying around in my stash and when I looked through that catalog, I knew right away that they were perfect for each other


Have you been inspired by the new PB catalog?  Got any plans for a knockoff?


Linking to:
Take a Look Tues @ Sugar Bee - Craft Edition
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog

11 crafty peeps said:

  1. Wow! I love that! They go perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! and i am so like you... i love to do the fun and colorful projects, but most of the stuff in my house, aside from my kids rooms, is pretty neutral and not too bold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the cute little plant. It all goes together so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have serious good thrifting karma. love what you did with the finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally did it, I glazed. My last two posts, will you check them out for me please. Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a really cool idea too btw, I wouldn't have thought to put plants in the cloches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Kristi. Love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is adorable! it sure does look like a good reminder of spring. I hope that you will link this to my Show and Share Sunday linky party, going on all week. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/01/show-and-share-sunday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so lucky! I keep looking at the thrift stores for these but I can never find them. Your version turned out very elegant. I did a little Pottery Barn inspired project on my blog. http://greylustergirl.blogspot.com/2011/01/pottery-barn-inspired-mr-darcy.html

    ReplyDelete