-->

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Get Your Hand Outta the Cookie Jar

I bought this a few weeks ago for a buck-fifty.


I knew what a wanted to do with it, but then I lost the top.  I washed the bottom and it sat in my kitchen being all sad and lonely for about three weeks.  Then the other day, I was cleaning the back of my car out, and there it was... the top.  This was another of those speedy projects that I love to do.  I just painted the top, wet my paper, glued it to the top and then used a little Mod Podge to make it all stick.  I decided to paint the handle red t make it pop.  Plus, it matches my Kitchen Aid.  


Here's my after


Those cookies are a Martha recipe that someone linked up to Foodie Friday last week.  I'll be featuring those this week so make sure you stop back by on Friday.  


Linking to:
Transformation Thursday's @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Get Your Craft on Thursday @ Life as Lori 
Under $100 Link Party @ Beyond the Picket Fence 
Strut Your Stuff Thurs @ Somewhat Simple 
Everything but the Kitchen Sink @ A Little Knick Nack
Creative Chick Parade - Day Five   
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring 
Look at Me @ It's Fun to Craft
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous  
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors 
Style Feature Sat @ Perfectly Imperfect 
Scraptastic Sat @ Young and Crafty
Saturday Soiree @ a little lovely  
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table and Dreaming

22 crafty peeps said:

  1. So cute! So you! So me too, I love polka dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project and sounds simple too! Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, too cute! I want that cookie recipe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is the cutest cookie jar I've ever seen! LOVE the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love that, Kristi! If I didn't already have two apothecary jars full of candy on my counter, I think I'd do a whole row of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s., seeing your hoops featured, like, everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun!!~ ANd so cute. I would have my hand in it all the time, that is why I do not have one:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute! Love the colors. Yummy cookies.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cookie jar. It is adorable, and really creative. Love the red knob too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! The red looks just perfect with the black and white polka dots!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to do this, but I am a little new to all this craftiness :):):) Could you please expand a little on this:

    "I just painted the top, wet my paper, glued it to the top and then used a little Mod Podge to make it all stick."

    I understood about painting the top. Not so sure about wetting the paper, etc...

    Thanks! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you guys are so creative it looks wonderful gives it a whole new look!


    Colleen
    Link up at Scrap it Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks soooo cute! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute!! Also, super jealous of your kitchen aid mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this! I featured you on my blog! www.simplyhandmadebypaige.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have an old cookie jar similar to yours and I am going to paint it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I just discovered your blog and I love all the projects! I have a question about why you wet the scrapbook paper before you glue it on the top of the cookie jar. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete