-->

Friday, September 3, 2010

Foodie Friday # 2

Welcome to the second addition of Foodie Friday. What is Foodie Friday? Well, it's a bit like a modern day recipe swap. We'll meet here each Friday to link up our recipes. Most weeks we'll have a theme, but sometimes, we'll do an all-out potluck. I'm open to suggestions as to what the next week's theme should be so feel free to leave those in the comments.

This week's theme is slow cooker recipes. I just love these kind of recipes. The thing I like most about them is that I've got dinner and clean-up out of the way, early in the day. I hate how when I cook a regular meal, I'm rushing around trying to get it done by the time Charles comes home, and then when I'm done, the kitchen looks like a tornado has come through. Who can have a relaxing dinner after all of that? You can link up any recipe as long as it or even part of it was prepared in a slow cooker. Appetizers, sides, desserts... whatever.

My recipe this week, was a bust because I was the only one who liked it and even I thought it was just O-K. It wasn't kid friendly to begin with because it was an Indian dish. It smelled wonderful while it was cooking, but the flavors were just blah. It needed something else, but I just couldn't figure it out. I've been debating on whether or not I should review it anyway and I just decided that it wasn't worth it. The recipe was for curried chickpeas with cauliflower. If you're interested and think you could improve on it, let me know and I'll send the recipe to you.

OK, let's get ready to link up!

The "rules"

1 - Only link up a recipe that is relevant to the the week's theme.
2 - Make sure you link to a specific post and not to your main blog page.
3 - Please visit at least one other blog and leave a nice comment for them.
4 - Make sure you link back to Foodie Friday in your linked post so that others can find all of us.



0 crafty peeps said:

Post a Comment