-->

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Divine Cookie Recipe & Foodie Friday Theme for 9/3

OK, so we had 5 link-ups for last week's Foodie Friday which doesn't seem too bad to me considering that it was the 1st one.  I'm sure it takes a long time to get the big numbers.  Besides that, I had a hard enough time choosing which of the 5 recipes to review.  I ended up choosing the recipe submitted by Heather over at Gourmet Meals for LessOatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies.  When she linked them up, she described them as being the "perfect fall cookie", and since fall is my favorite time of year and it's just around the corner, I rushed right over to see what she was talkin' about.  Turns out, she was talking about oatmeal cookies, with cranberries AND white chocolate!  Mmmmmmmm!  

I made these last night and it was really the simplest recipe for cookies that I've used.  Really quick to make and only a handful of ingredients.  I added a handful of chopped walnuts that I had, but I don't think they really made any kind of difference.  These cookies are that good!  Baking at 375 seemed to get the outsides crunchier, but the insides soft and chewy.  I love oatmeal raisin cookies and these had that flavor, but also the sweet of the white chocolate and the tartness of the cranberries.  Heather's recipe says that you'll yield 2 doz.  That's pretty accurate.  I ended up with 2 and a half dozen small cookies.  We have 3 cookies left now, not even 24 hours later.  My husband took about a dozen to work with him and they were scarfed down within a couple of hours.  I took some to his grandmother's this morning and she and I had eaten most of them within a few hours.  These will be my new Thanksgiving cookies and I'll be adding them to my Christmas baking list.

This photos is Heather's.  Mine doesn't look anywhere near as nice as hers do.

Don't those look YUMMY?  If you this so too, go here for the recipe.


Now on to this week's theme.  I didn't get any suggestions is comments so I'm just going with something that I've already got planned on our menu this week. 

Slow Cooker

I'm not picky.  Anything you can cook in a slow cooker, you can link up.  

* Some info on the Foodie Friday link party:
I love food and I love finding new recipes and so I thought having a recipe link party would be a fun way to have a sort of modern day recipe swap.  I've decided to host this party on Fridays and call it Foodie Friday.  There will be a theme each week and I'll post the theme either on Mon or Tues the week of the party.  That way, you'll have time to make something for a submission and post on it, if you don't already have a post.

3 crafty peeps said:

  1. Awww...thanks Kristi! I am so glad you all liked the cookies. You've got ME craving them now, think I need to make me a batch. :o) Hmmm...time to pull out some slow cooker recipes. ;o) Thanks again for featuring my cookies today!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, those look seriously yummy....def gonna have to try those!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my post about my gift from Deborah, she is such a love! I hope it did inspired someone to drop a card or some little something, in the mail to someone else. We should all open our hearts (and mailboxes) to make someone else feel special!
    Hugs & blessings to you my friend
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristi!
    Thanks for visit my blog, I am your newest follower too. You have wonderful blog:)))
    Greetings from Europe, Biljana

    ReplyDelete