-->

Monday, May 10, 2010

Don't Judge a Dessert by its Name

Mmmm.. doesn't this look good???

This is Booger Pie.  I swear.  

I have no idea what the original name is, but the lady who gave me this recipe years ago, called it this so now I do too. 

This is a super easy recipe and while it doesn't follow our mission of trying not to eat processed foods, we love it!  Actually, I had never made this for Han or Charles until last week  (for whatever reason, I hadn't made this for almost 10 years).  They both aren't huge sweet lovers, but they love this.  I've already made two batches in less than a week.

Here's the breakdown:
1 package Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies
1 16 oz container of Cool Whip
small bowl of milk
chocolate sprinkles (to make it look pretty)

Dip cookies in milk and layer the bottom of a baking dish with them.  Spread half of the Cool Whip over this and then add some sprinkles.  Repeat.  Put it in the fridge for about 2 hours.  

The milk makes the cookies all smooshy and the whole thing is just creamy and sweet with the little chocolate chips making a statement every now and then. YUM! 


Linking to:
Anything Related @ All Thingz Related

9 crafty peeps said:

  1. I think you are trying to kill me.

    I would eat the WHOLE DISH! Call it Poopie Pie and I would still eat the entire thing! OMG, delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm- this looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! it is like cookies and milk, dressed up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know if you're still reading these comments, but this dish is called "cookie dough pie" because the cookies are almost dough like in their consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG the kids will love this, especially because of the name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, lordy....I am glad my cookie dough addicted husband isn't around right now, or we'd be having this for dinner. I'll have to bookmark for it a suprise sometime. :-) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh. I have to make this just so I can say I made Booger Pie! LOVE IT!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great and easy! Thanks! I needed something easy for our Sunday lunch at church! I will be making this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us at Anything Related!

    ReplyDelete