-->

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Scrappy Patchwork Doll Quilt



So I totally finished a project!!  Yay me!




I posted the other day about a quilt I'd been working on for three months. Well, this one was a year in the making.  I actually stopped working on the three month quilt the other day so that I could finish this doll quilt.  I'd started it as a small hand quilting project, but lost interest in it a few days after I started it.  I put my little project basket away, and it stayed put until a few weeks ago.  

Tired of it mocking me every time I was in the same room with it, I decided to finish it by machine.  That took like, all of 30 minutes!  Well, finishing the top and putting the quilt sandwich together, anyway.  See, I have this fear of binding.  I've only done it a couple of times, and the last few times I tried it, it just didn't turn out right.  Plus, I hate having to hand-sew the back!  This little quilt sandwich sat on my sewing dining room table, next to my machine for a couple of weeks until the other day when I said to myself, "This is ridiculous! You've got to stop being intimidated by things.  Just finish the the thing already!"  So, I hopped online to find a tutorial for complete machine binding.  

I ended up using this tutorial which was simple, and not too involved. Sometimes when a tutorial has too many photos, and steps, my brain kinda shorts out.





It's not perfect, but it's a start, and Zoe absolutely loves using it for her bunny (her lovey) so I think I'll just keep making doll quilts until I get the binding down pat.





Until next time...





0 crafty peeps said:

Post a Comment