-->

Friday, March 14, 2014

Favorite Things Friday - 6



In honor of Pi Day, I'm sharing a round-up of my favorite pie finds from this week.  It's 6PM my time so better late than never, I guess!  





I'd actually never heard of Strawberry Rhubarb pie until a few years ago.  I'd say maybe it's just not something that's popular in the South, except I see the ingredients displayed together, in the produce section of the store, during strawberry season.  Maybe it just wasn't something my family was into.  Anyway, it's something I've been wanting to try for awhile, but the strawberries and rhubarb are still a little pricey right now, plus it's not strawberry season here right now.  The strawberries in the stores are from FL.  I'll be able to get them from the Farmer's Market soon, so look for a post on this pie soon!



Blackberry pie is my absolute favorite pie, yet I've never had it homemade. I've never even made a pie with a lattice crust.  This needs to change, and soon!



This one's been making the rounds on Facebook lately.  Millionaire Pie.  I've never had it, but I'm a sucker for cream pies, and this one looks good enough for me to want the whole thing for myself!



Confession...  I never liked pecan pie until a couple of years ago.  I guess I had a texture issue with it as a kid, and just got it in my head that I didn't like it.  Um, yeah....



This is the first and only pie I've ever made from scratch.  I love this pie!  I try to make one each year either on July 4th or Thanksgiving.  It's wonderful with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!



I take that back.  I've also made a Buttermilk Pie from scratch.  A few years ago, I was reading a novel that was set in Pioneer days.  The main character kept mentioning buttermilk pies.  I was intrigued, and gave the buttermilk pie a shot.  It was a nice custard pie, that had a good flavor that wasn't overly sweet.   I'm not a huge custard fan so that was my one an only buttermilk pie. 



I saw this S'mores Pie the other day, and went right out to get what I needed to make it.  I've been slammed with appointments this week so I still haven't gotten a chance to make it.  Hopefully tomorrow will be the day. Doesn't it look amazing???



This photo was just too pretty not to include in the roundup.  Those berries just pop!  



This pie looks scrumptious!  Right???  My husband is a huge eggnog fan.  He's also crazy about gingersnaps so I have a feeling this pie would be a huge hit around here.






0 crafty peeps said:

Post a Comment