-->

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Decorations of Halloweens Past

Before moving into this house, a little over three years ago, we never really decorated for Halloween.  After we moved here, we decided that since Han is an only child, it might be nice for her to have a Halloween party every year.  So far, we've done this for two years; 2008 & 2009.  I thought I'd share with you, a few of the decorations we've had out for these parties.


Halloween 2008

I'm so lucky to have a fella who's even more creative than I am.  He set all of this up.  I was the purchaser and he was the mover and shaker.

I'm pretty sure my inspiration for a Boneyard came from the Martha Stewart Living of Oct 2008.  I remember finding lots of ideas in that mag and making a scrapbook to show Charles some of the things I wanted.


 Charles made the tombstones from cardboard boxes.  

 How cool is this grave??? 


We had this creepy guy up for a couple of weeks before Halloween and he gave me a fright several times.  I got the jeans and shirt from GW and the mask on clearance from Party City, the previous year.  Charles made the frame and put him together.


 I really loved how it all looked at night.  The ghost was inspired by the Martha Stewart Living from Oct 2008.  You just make a kind of cross from some wood and then wrap white tree lights around them, then use a balloon or something for the head (Charles cut head shapes from plywood).  Wrap in a sheet and there you go.



Halloween 2009
We planned to do pretty much the same thing last year, but Mother Nature had other plans.  It rained, and rained, and rained.  So, we had to cram all of that stuff inside.  Again, Charles did all of the work.
 Is he not creepy?  It's our scarecrow from the year before.  He looks so real!








Tomorrow, I'll be posting some of our Halloween costumes from the past few years.

8 crafty peeps said:

  1. WOW! You really go all out- huh? It looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love Halloween decoration posts!!
    Spooky! And yeah, that scarecrow really does look so real!

    KareyEllen
    KareyEllenDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! You know I love this post. Can't wait to see your costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scarecrow guy is going to give me nightmares! love that your family celebratse so much for Halloween. And sounds like Charles rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dogs would totally not stop barking if I had that scarecrow in the house. Well, two of them wouldn't. Ralph would be up under the sofa. Ha!

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post - so neat to see day & night shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks spooky! I bet everyone loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you are really into the Halloween theme :) Very nice!

    ReplyDelete