-->

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thrifted Mercury Glass

Since I started my Thrifty Threads blog, I've been frequenting my local Goodwill more often than usual.  I try to do at least two weekly posts over there; one called It's New to Me, which shows a thrifted version of an outfit we found online and another called What $10 Will Get You at Goodwill, where like it says, we go to Goodwill and see what kind of clothing we can get for $10. 

Anyway, the point of this post is that I went to Goodwill last night just to look for some Han clothes, but of course ended up going through Housewares too.  I'd just been thinking earlier this week, that I needed something to use as a crystal ball in my Halloween table display, and do you know what I found???

This!!


Is that not, like totally crystal ball-ish???   You know what else, it's mercury glass.  You wanna know how much I paid for it?



The company that makes them is charging $158 for a set of three.  


Oh yeah, it was a good night at the GW!


Oh, I also got this for $2.  It was previously from TJ Maxx and was on clearance there for $10.  Charles gave me a raised eyebrow when I showed it to him, but it's goin' up on some wall anyway.






Linking to:
Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
Whatever Goes Weds @ Someday Crafts

6 crafty peeps said:

  1. Great finds!!!! Love the mercury glass ball, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mercury glass ball is beautiful and perfect for what you wanted, such a great find. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious! I love thrifting and finding exactly what you were looking for...and for cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what ya got! Let's go junkin' together sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find, love the way you write. I think I need to go to the Goodwill before you get all the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mercury ball was a total SCORE! Dontcha love it?!

    ReplyDelete