-->

Monday, September 27, 2010

Boo to You

I got this frame from GW a few weeks ago for $1.  

Even though there was no glass, I was planning to paint it a pretty aqua color with maybe a black wash to accentuate the details.  But then I started doing Halloween projects.  In the end, I turned they kinda ugly green frame into this cute Halloween sign.

I painted the frame, covered one side of the cardboard with scrapbook paper and then made cutouts of the letters and glued those on.  Then I used one of these (finally, I used one!) to finish it off.

Cute, cute, cute!!

Linking to:
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Market Yourself Monday @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff 
Making the World Cuter Monday @ Making the World Cuter
Craft-O-Maniac  
Anti-Procrastination Tues @ New Nostalgia 
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff  
Get Your Craft on Tues @ Today's Creative Blog 
Make It Yours Day @ My Backyard Eden 
Upcycled Awesome @ The T-Shirt Diaries  
Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design 
Whatever Goes Weds @ Someday Crafts  
Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond the Picket Fence 
Halloween Week @ Somewhat Simple   
Fall Link Party @ Tatertots & Jello 
Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge  





 

15 crafty peeps said:

  1. Super cute! Love that frame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I LOVE THE FLOWER! Thanks for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute! I love frames that have a little something extra instead of just plain.

    P.S. You asked about the chalkboard... yes, you spray the glass directly. I do about 6 or 7 very light coats (some say they use only 3 and it works) with the glass laying down. You're supposed to season it too - take a piece of chalk (length-ways) and run it over the the chalkboard. Then wipe it off with a damp paper towel. I usually do one more coat after seasoning but it probably isn't necessary. So far I've made about 5 or 6 and they've stood up without scratching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kristi, that is so cute! i love the look of hte frame in black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW DARLING, GREAT FRAME TOO! thanks for linking it up. jEN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I also like to get cheapo Dollar Tree frames and do the same thing, if i put them in our entertainment center no one can tell!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I found you at the Today's Creative Blog hop! Come by and visit me at Sassy Sites! We have a giveaway going on AND a header contest. Come by and check it out. xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute and simple! Thanks for sharing at Beyond the Picket Fence's Under $100 Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great project!!! it's simple, but so cute!

    ReplyDelete