-->

Sunday, August 1, 2010

While She Was Out - Part Two

We worked really hard last week on this room and I'm over the moon with how it turned out. 

My last post had a few before photos and then some others that I used for inspiration.  Here is one:


And here are the after photos:

I tried being as thrifty as possible and reused as much as I could.  Other things I used, I'd been picking up at thrift stores the past few months.  I also made/remade as much as I could.  Part three will have all of the details and I'll post it either tomorrow or Tuesday.  I'm helping my sister redo a sofa table tomorrow (her first project!) so I'm not sure I'll be here to get good close-up photos while the lighting is good.

*** See my latest post for info on the details.

Linking to:



Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Weekend Wrap-up Party @ Tatertots & Jello 
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative 
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table and Dreaming 
CraftOManiac Monday @ Craft-O-Maniac 
Sundae Scoop @ I heart naptime 
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping it Simple  
Making the World Cuter Monday
Market Yourself Monday @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Craftastic Monday Link Party @ Sew Can Do
Mad Skills Monday @ Super Stinky Boys  
Mad Skills @ Mad in Crafts
Making Monday Marvelous @ C.R.A.F.T.  
Anything Related @ All Thingz Related
Get Your Craft on Tuesday @ Today's Creative Blog  
Whatever Goes Weds @ Someday Crafts
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple  
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Show off Your Stuff @ Fireflies & Jelly Beans 
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous 
Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge
Style Feature Sat @ Perfectly Imperfect   
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors  
Creative Share @ Trendy Treehouse
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest  
Make it for Monday @ Cottage Instincts
Creative Chick Parade - Day Five  
Power of Paint Party @ Domestically Speaking


Visit tatertotsandjello.com
 

52 crafty peeps said:

  1. I love this and I'm sure that she did too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I like the contrast in the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is fantastic! I can't get over how great it looks. Looking forward to seeing the individual projects and how you pulled it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a room you'd find in a magazine! I like the curtain rod and panels above the bed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I'm in the process of making over a tween girl's room as well! So much work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the color scheme!

    I'm working on our office right now and I also try to use as much "recycled" pieces as possible. It's crazy how much you can do for free!

    Great job and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Bedroom is amazing. Love the damask and the floating shelves. WELL WELL DONE! thanks for linking up! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the walls being different colors! Is that black or dark blue? I can't tell from my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it doesn't even look like the same room! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!! i bet she was SO happy :) come on over and link up to MMM!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Has she seen it yet? Does she like it? My daughter's room was "Smurf Blue" until we changed it to warm tones of brown when she got older. Much calmer..

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been busy! Complete transformation and very grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks beautiful. Love the black. Never would have thought of that.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh you did such a great job! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that looks amazing! love that dark wall, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy buckets! Adopt me! I want this room! :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! I honestly don't think I could have slept in the "before" room color!!! Love the transformation :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! I love it! And I'm sure she will!! It looks like such a grown up room! Every teen girl's dream!! You did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the gray walls! Really fabulous! My curtains in my craft room are that same fabric, so of course, I think it is a good selection!! Every looks really good! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the new Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) My hope is to share many of the fabulous projects I see everyday with the vast CG audience. I hope you will not only stop by and subscribe to CG, but will tell your friends about the new category! Hope you see some traffic from it!

    Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/tween-bedroom-makeover/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is amazing! I cant believe a black room could look so good. The black and white is perfect with the little hints of bright blue

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did a fantastic job! This is the perfect tween/teen/grown up room.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It turned out beautiful. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday this week and would love for you to join the party. There's a giveaway too. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love it! She is one lucky girl. I am so glad you left me a sweet comment so I could come explore your blog. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Unbelievable! That came out so nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Big change! Great work! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. gorgeous gorgeous and gorgeous!!! it is so modern and sophisticated, and i LOVE the color palette. that darker color on the all contraste beautifully with the white. fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. sophisticated!!! Gorgeous!
    lifeofperks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love it! I think it's the perfect balance of kid- and mom-friendly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey there. Awesome transform! I LOVE the dark colour of the walls against the white especially. She must adore her 'new' room!
    Kristine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. The difference is amazing! Fantastic work!

    visiting from Down on Sanford:
    http://downonsanford.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. That room looks really great. You did a great job with the dark paint. Not everyone pulls it off quite so well.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is really a stunning transformation. I love the contrast of the dark and light, and the accessories are beautiful. Great job! Thanks for linking up to Style Feature Saturday! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love it. You've done a awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  36. So elegant. A very lucky girl to have such a pretty room. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the wall color! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Turned out so good, I wish it was my room.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The room looks fabulous...and I love the fact that you've hidden the Twilight poster behind the door where it won't be seen unless she wants to see it....I love little compromises like that. The color scheme is great...proves that you shouldn't be afraid to use dark colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh it's beautiful!! I really DO love the black walls!! Thanks for sharing at the POP party!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the color on the walls and can't wait to read the details...hopefully your including what the wall color is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow this is just gorgeous! totally brave on the dark walls but it's amazing

    ReplyDelete
  43. The wall color is what made me click on this thumbnail...so cool! I think you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love this room! I recently painted my bathroom black and am loving it. It is nice to see that not all the walls are black. Keeps it light and airy.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  45. Stunning transformation! Who really considers black and white for a girl's room? But it works! I like the little touches like the lamps, the curtains, and the recovered desk chair. Love the all white arrangement over the bed and would even add another row to make it bolder. This looks like a magazine make-over. Well done!

    ReplyDelete