-->

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Paint, Paint and More Paint!

I've been MIA this week due to the fact that all of our downstairs rooms, except for the master are being repainted.  Once we put that breakfast bar in, our colorful rooms (we have an open floor plan) no longer "worked".  Everything is getting a neutral color.  I was a little sad at first, but I'm LOVING how it's all coming together.  It looks like a totally different house!  I can't wait to finish so I can show photos.  It's also making the rooms lighter (better photo's from now on) and I'll finally be able to do some furniture makeovers with a paint color besides black!!! 

I'm really enjoying painting for the first time in a LONG time.  Since I don't have to rush, I'm really taking my time and doing everything the right way.  I've been doing one wall a day from start to finish, trim and all.  Normally, I would do the cutting in for the whole room first and then paint each wall.  This causes me too much chaos and stress.  The way I'm doing it this time, I only move the a little furniture at a time and I'm also able to get to an actual stopping point.  This allows me to clean up for the night and move all of the furniture back, so that everything still looks tidy.  Normally, I'd leave everything lying around and the furniture all over the place. Always stresses me out.

What a difference freshly painted trim makes!!  How come nobody ever told me how awesome it is???  I'm planning to repaint all of  the trim around here now.  :-)

I've finished the kitchen and should finish the living room by tomorrow night so hopefully I'll have some pics to share soon.

3 crafty peeps said:

  1. Ooh I can't wait to see! Sounds so calm and inviting. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting with such excitement!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been up to my armpits in paint around here, too!!
    I just finished today--so much for finishing my kitchen in one week, sigh.
    You go girl!
    I neutralized in my kitchen, too!
    Hugs!
    ~me

    ReplyDelete