-->

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More Fun With Scrabble

I got this mail/bulletin board thingy from Goodwill a couple of months ago.  Check out the cork... someone either had a lot of memos or they were really angry. 


I did my usual prime, black paint and distress.  Then added some Scrabble tiles and replaced the cork.  

I really enjoyed working on this one and I'm almost too happy that I found another one @ Goodwill this week.  I'm going to browse PB Teen for some inspiration and make that one over for Hannah's room.

Linking to:
Power of Paint Party @ Domestically Speaking
A Little Creative Therapy @ Life in the Pitts
Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design  
Make it Yours Day @ My Backyard Eden
Whatever Goes Weds @ Someday Crafts 
Treasures and Trinkets Thurs @ My Cottage Charm 
Get Your Craft On Thurs @ Life as Lori
Hooking Up With HOH @ House of Hepworths  
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Show Off Your Stuff @ Fireflies & Jellybeans  
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge  
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous 
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping it Simple 
Check Me Out Sat @ A Vision to Remember 
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative  
Trash to Treasure Tuesday @ Reinvented

Featured at:

25 crafty peeps said:

  1. Who'd have thought it would turn out so cute. I love it. Such a handy piece to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It turned out great!

    Oh I love your header!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that exact cork board in my shop right now. It might be underneath a pile of things but I'm going to dig it out...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that, I have found myself "decorating" with angram letters, much like scrabble letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea!! Scary what had been done to the cork board previously! Good idea for old game pieces too!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea! I've been wanting a cork board for my office and the mail just get thrown on my desk. This is the perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun...I love the new use for Scrabble tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I have an extra scrabble game, now I need to scour goodwill for a memo board! :) Thanks for linking up to my party. :-D
    Hugs
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and the scrabble tiles totally make it work! : ) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so fun! I love how you used the Scrabble tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok...so I love Scrabble too! I like making things out of Scrabble tiles! I am definitely adding this to my list!!! Check back in a little bit because I am working on a post right now that includes a link to you in it! Hope you have a fab day! I am looking forward to the journey of being a new follower of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turned out really nice. I just scored a HUGE jar full of scrabble tiles, so I am looking for a project to use them on, this is great inspiration!
    I'm from Life as Lori Link party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a neat idea for scrabble tiles.

    I have a craft party on Saturdays and I'd love it if you linked up!
    http://www.iamalongfortheride.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! I love the idea with the letters-it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for stopping by and giving me priase for my (non-existant) math skills! was sorta proud of myself, alright!! ;)
    following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that! That is a real transformation, I think I would have passed that by at Good will.
    You obviously have the creative eye to see somethings potential. Great job.
    I am visiting from Feature yourself friday.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi!
    I am in SC, too!
    In Greenville- where are you?
    I also have a red front door :)
    I love the transformation and I love Scrabble tiles.
    I use them throughout my home!
    A had to laugh at your header picture, too- it's cute and different and unforgettable!
    I am your new follower--
    Blessings to you as you make your home today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really, really like this! Scrabble tiles are so cool!

    Thanks for sharing at My Backyard Eden!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea! I'm pulling out my spray can tomorrow on an ugly old grandma mirror LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it, the black looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the message board a lot and black is such a practical color. Jane F

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this! Nothing better than a Goodwill find that ends up looking like you spent a ton on it. :) So cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete