-->

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cake Stuff

I'm in school, pursuing an Associates degree in Culinary Arts with a focus in Baking and Pastry Arts.  Up until now I've only been able to take the business classes.  When I was working, I worked 8-5 and I wasn't able to take any of the lab classes like Bakeshop or Decorating and Finishing Techniques because they're only offered as day classes.  I start my first lab class, the Bakeshop this summer.  I have to take it before I can take the Decorating and Finishing class.  This means that I can't take the Decorating and Finishing class until the Fall semester.  So, I decided to sign up for the Wilton Cake Decorating Classes offered at my local AC Moore.  I figured I can get some good practice in before my formal class starts in Aug.  I started Class 1 last week and finished my first cake today.   TA-DA!!!
I think I'd like to make this again, but use this as the cake, except not so many layers.  Maybe just the four colors I use on top. 

I'll be posting a tutorial next week for I trick I learned for transferring images to the top of a cake for decorating.  

Linking to:
Whatever Goes Weds @ Someday Crafts

3 crafty peeps said:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for commenting on my laminate cabinet remake...I love it now! I was so excited when I learned I could paint over laminate...it opens up a whole new world. :)
    I like your rainbow cake! A friend and I do wedding cakes together....just as a hobby, but we've done some really cool cakes..it's so much fun! (it's hard to see them get cut into sometimes though! lol)
    Hey, you're invited to follow my blog, I'll be putting up a neat giveaway in a short while. :)
    Thanks again for stopping by! I'd love to see your laminate piece when you get it done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Headed over to follow now. Would love to see some of your cakes. I actually had someone who saw my rainbow cake on Facebook, ask me to make a small wedding cake for her. I almost said no, but then decided to go for it. Providing what she's wanting is simple enough for me to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hah was thinking how cool it would be to have the inside rainbow too before I clicked the link! Martha did a how to on her show the other day on how to do it!

    ReplyDelete