-->

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Some Spring Cloche Love

 yippee!


About a month ago, I was reading Kathy's (Creative Home Expressions) post on all of her cloches.   Her first photo was of one of those dome clocks that she'd turned into a cloche.  


I had something similar that I'd picked up last year.  I'd painted it in ORB and stuck a fake plant in it.


What I especially liked about Kathy's was that she'd decoupaged scrapbook paper to the base, adding visual dimension to it.  Of course, I set out to copy her right away.

I did a makeover on my cloche and I also made this ugly one over.


Here they are again, all gussied up and looking all pretty for me. 
 paint color is Heirloom White by Rustoleum


You may (or may not) remember that I dressed up an earlier cloche with some scrapbook paper.  It helped to cover the screw that showed after we screwed the cheese dome base to the candlestick.  Awesome fix!


If you've never tried decoupage, you should.  These instructions from How Does She are perfect.  You should go on over and take a peek.


Linking to:
Simply Link @ Simply Designing
Show & Tell Sat @ Be Different, Act Normal 
Weekend Wrap-up @ Tatertots & Jello 
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative 
Sugar & Spice @ seven-thirty-three
Whatever Goes Weds @ Someday Crafts 

15 crafty peeps said:

  1. Very interesting post. Great ideas too. I have an ugly dried flower arrangement under a cloche. It was given to me years ago. After reading this, I'll give it a makeover too. Thanks.
    www.skylarkmanor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the tranformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart terrariums! Aka -- cloche with plant. I have one but you are making me want more. I am going to keep my eyes peeled!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VEry cute! I just need to find the right pieces and get to making one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kristi! Thanks for the mention! Yours turned out great ~ I like them in the Heirloom White. I wound up having to put scrapbook paper on the base of that cloche because the clock mechanism went through the base and left holes, which would have looked horrible if I didn't come up with a way to cover it. It wound up being a happy circumstance that I had to do that. Anyway, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog, came over from Tattered and Inked, and have thoroughly enjoyed cruising through! I'm now your newest follower.

    I'd like to invite you to my blog, Excuse Me While I Buy This Junk at
    http://shopjustvintage.com/blog
    Be sure to enter the Easter give-away that ends on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really pretty, Kristi. I love the plant inside and the decoupage. I picked up a similar piece that had a clock inside. I took the clock out, painted it up nice, then the cat knocked it off the table and it shattered into a million pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the makeovers! They look so modern now.

    I am having a fine art photography giveaway on my blog. The artist is Melanie Alexandra. She has more than 200 photographs in her Etsy store. Leave me a comment telling me which is your favorite image to win any photograph of your choice.
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/04/fine-art-photography-giveaway-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute. I love that you added decorations to the bottom of the cloche. I love added little details like that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great makeover on the cloche!! Looks very elegant!
    I am hosting my first linky party today and would love for you to link up! :) {nifty thrifty sunday}
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that clor green you are using! pretty pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty! I love it! love the blog too. glad I found it. saw you at someday crafts.

    new follower!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look great! So very simply sweet!

    ReplyDelete