-->

Monday, March 28, 2011

Beachy Bath Tray




This is the 2nd one of these that I've thrifted.  


The first one became a fruit bowl which I'd painted in a light yellow and then glazed.

I say it was a fruit bowl because that's how I staged my Etsy photo.  Whoever bought it could be using it for anything.  

I staged this one as a kind of toiletry tray with a beach theme, using a Martha Stewart paint sample called Sea Glass.  It's one of the premixed MS samples that you can get at Home Depot for around $3.  Those paint samples are great for doing small makeovers.  A little goes a long way and it's actually cheaper than using craft paints.  I still use some of my favorite craft paint colors, but I've basically switched over to wall paint samples.

Anyway, I gave this a few coats of paint and then distressed it.  I staged it with hand-knit washcloths, some bath salts I had lying around and a starfish from my bathroom.  LOVE!
 

I've got so many accessories that I want to use in my beachy bathroom makeover, it's gonna be so hard to choose what to keep.  I've decided to sell this one for now.  It can be found here, in my shop.


Linking to:
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog
Anti-Procrastination Tues @ New Nostalgia 
Twice Owned Tues @ House of Grace
Trash to Treasure @ Sassy Sites  
Wow Us Weds @ Savvy Southern Style 
Power of Paint Part @ Domestically Speaking 
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple 
Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond the Picket Fence
Transformation Thurs @ The Shabby Chic Cottage 
Hookin' Up With HOH @ House of Hepworths 
Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge 
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest 
Crafty Soiree @ Yesterday on Tuesday  

28 crafty peeps said:

  1. Hi Kristi,
    Thanks so much for the paint sample tip! I'm on it! I love your stuff! All those things you made in that sea glass color are wonderful! And thanks for the tutorial on glazing too!
    Susan @ homeroad.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those paint samples...that's what I use too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this for my guest bath. Give it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute....I'm gonna be on the look out for a wood holder like that now! Great job =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! I love that color by martha and you are right about them being cheaper then craft paint. Beautiful job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I wish I could find those while I am thrifting, Lol! I found you at House of Grace. Please come visit me at http://barbwired0117.blogspot.com/

    Amber @ barbwired

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff and I love the color. I love the yellow one, too. Would you be interested in a guest post on my blog? I think my readers would love you. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great wood tray, Kristi! Great ideas you've had for both of them. Our Goodwill seems to be either changing things around or really cutting down on their home stuff. I hope they are just rearranging because they had nothing the last time I went in. I mean, literally, empty shelves {and I know that storeroom is filled to the brim!}.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never thought of using paint samples but that is a great idea! Beautiful color! Love the tray and how your using it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY! I will have to look for one to paint now! I LOVE this and it would be perfect on the side of my big tub! Even the color is perfect! I LOVE it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I love your upcycled treasures- this one is no exception!
    I love you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...I love them...I now know what I'm going to be looking for when I'm out thriftin!!! Hop over and show them off at my party...hope to see ya there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything beachy and everything aqua! Love what you filled it with too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want one I want one I want one!
    You have an awesome blog - so glad I found it. I'm here from Kim's party and I'm your newest follower!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely project...I like how you accessorized it, too! Hopped over from Wow Us Weds...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the color. Can't wait to see your bath makeover.
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great beach color ... love the "new" tray! *Becca*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will be looking for these old wooden trays from now on. You did a great job with both of them. And thanks for telling us about the paint samples too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the color...so pretty...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the color! Such a great little tray.
    -emily
    nestnestingnested.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are both adorable. I've actually seen some similar pieces at our GW. I puchased one & use it in my craft room. I really like the color & shape of your featured one.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  22. This post was most clicked on at "AP Tuesday!" I will be featuring you during this "Anti-Procrastination Tuesday" Party at New Nostalgia. Thank you for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this! I am going to feature it on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now I'm looking for the speckled dog:-)

    ReplyDelete